These Valentines Day meatball appetizers are fast and easy. You can make them from scratch or buy the meatballs, cornbread and BBQ sauce pre-made and put them together in a flash. If you have some time here is the meatball recipe. The cornbread needs to be almost an inch thick so that the hearts don’t crumble when you put the toothpick through them. I used sweet cornbread muffin tops. You could even write on the hearts with those colored icing pens.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl combine egg, water, bread crumbs, onion, salt and pepper and combine.
- Add ground beef, broken into chunks, and blend with your hands to combine.
- Form into meatballs about 1" in diameter and place on a broiler pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until meatballs are no longer pink in center.
- Dip each meatball in BBQ sauce (homemade or your favorite store bought)
- I cheated and bought cornbread muffin tops but you could easily make them yourself. Then I used one of my heart-shaped cookie cutters to cut out the heart tops. Poke a toothpick through the heart and through the meatball.
- Arrange on your serving tray and voila---cute and delish meatball appetizers for valentines day.
Recipe source: http://weddingbydesigns.com
If you like this recipe be sure to PIN IT here! Follow us on Pinterest too so you don’t miss anything!